You may want to answer these questions...
… about the college:
- Does the college offer the area of study you wish to pursue?
- Are athletes given preference in scheduling?
- Where is the college/university located?
- What is the expected enrollment of undergraduates and graduates?
- What are the standard class sizes?
- What are the student housing options?
- What transportation is available?
- What is campus-life like?
- Is tutoring offered to student-athletes? If so, Is there a fee?
… about the coach and team:
- In what division and conference does the team play?
- What is the team’s record?
- What are the coach’s goals for the team?
- What is their style of play? Would you be comfortable with the coach’s coaching style?
- How many players will be on the roster and how many will travel with the team?
- What does the pre-season entail?
- What does the regular season entail? Practice, games, etc?
- What happens during the off-season? Is there a break?
- What is the spring season like?
- How will the team’s composition change with seniors leaving and red-shirt players returning?
- Which positions is the coach looking for, and how many others are already playing there or are being recruited
- What type of medical coverage exists for athletes?
- Is there a weight-training program? How much does the coach value that?
… about scholarship concerns:
- If not offered a scholarship, is the player a candidate for admission as a Walk-On player? (Definition of “Walk-On”: Someone who may or may not have been recruited. It is someone who doesn’t have a spot on the team before coming to college and "walks on" to the team by trying out and being good enough to be selected to the team.)
- If offered a scholarship, what expenses are covered, what is its duration, and under what conditions can it be terminated?
- If a player on scholarship is injured and can’t play, will the scholarship be forfeit?