Parents, Players, Families and Friends,
First we hope that all of you are healthy and keeping everyone safe during these uncertain times. This is a long email so please read carefully.
We wish to communicate our current plans concerning the upcoming season.
- There are no formal tryouts this year as our Regional Advisory Committee voted to cancel them. Please see the communication at the bottom of this email.
- It is our intention to offer all current players a position with California Odyssey.
- There may be movement within the Club and within teams.
- We are looking to add players to most teams as deemed necessary by the coaching staff.
- The coaching staff will be announced as soon as it is finalized.
- The Directors and the coaching staff will be communicating with individual players for team assignments shortly.
- If you are not a current member and wish to join California Odyssey prior to the tryout window, you must secure a release from your current Club or receive written permission from you current Club DOC.
- Registration is now open, Go Here: http://www.californiaodyssey.org/registration/registration
- Our Coaching Directors will be holding an online meeting to discuss this information if they have not done so already.
Communication from the Region 7 Advisory Committee:
“Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, Region 7 NorCal Member Clubs have agreed that there will be no 2020/21 season tryouts for all ages. Region 7 Clubs are encouraged to re-register their current membership from June 6 to June 29. There will be a “transfer window” from June 30 to July 20 for any NorCal player who is not currently registered for the 2020/21 season and wishes to move from one NorCal Member Club to another NorCal Member Club... Players who signed a US Club Registration for the 2020-21 season will be required to get DOC permission before another NorCal Member Club is able make any contact or communication with them (as outlined in the “Outside the NorCal transfer window“ Recruiting definition).
NorCal Code of Ethics “Recruiting” Definition (Updated May 2020)
Outside the NorCal Transfer Window: "Recruiting" refers to making any contact or communication with a player who is registered with another NorCal club, in which the player is asked or allowed to join a club, attend a tryout or club training session, or play or guest play for another club, without first receiving permission from the Director of Coaching of the player's club.
Inside the NorCal Transfer Window: "Recruiting" refers to making an initial or first contact or communication with a player who is registered with another NorCal club, in which the player is asked or allowed to join a club, attend a tryout or club training session, or guest play for another club, without first receiving permission from the Director of Coaching of the player's club.
Note: Players do not need DOC permission to contact other clubs during the Transfer Window, and Adult members are permitted to respond to such contacts during the Transfer Window, without requesting permission from the player's DOC.”
As things continue to solidify we will continue to communicate with you on a regular basis. Should you have any questions please feel free to communicate with our Directors and the office via email.
Boys Director: Vitalis Otieno, email@example.com
Girls Director: Antonio Brimmo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Director: Ben Lomeli, email@example.com
Office: Bob Hastings, firstname.lastname@example.org